Explore the majesty of South Africa on this day tour through the spectacular Cape Peninsula. Enjoy the beauty of Clifton and Camps Bay, gaze at the peaks of the Twelve Apostles, visit a penguin colony, and see the famous wineries of Constantia.
This full-day Peninsula Tour will take you around the entire Cape peninsula and show you the wonders of Cape Town – from the pristine beaches, to the spectacular sight of Cape Point, where the oceans meet. Also be sure not to miss the sensational visit to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
1. Clifton & Camps Bay Situated along the Atlantic Seaboard, the beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay have been awarded Blue Flag status, offering pristine white beaches and beautiful, clear waters that make these beaches highly popular with locals and visitors alike. (30 minutes)
2. Hout Bay & Seal Island Boat Trip The small fishing village of Hout Bay is often jokingly referred to as the ‘Republic of Hout Bay’ by Cape Town locals, and feels like an entirely separate town. A beautiful beach, delicious fresh seafood, bustling markets, and plenty of restaurants make this suburb a must-visit on any Cape tour. You will also have the option of going to admire the thousands of seals that inhabit the Seal Island at your own cost. (45 minutes)
3. Cape Point Cape Point and the spectacular nature reserve that lies in this area are some of the most famous landmarks in Cape Town, and for good reason. Situated on the very tip of the peninsula, with the Indian Ocean on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other, the area spans landscapes of rugged cliffs, lush fynbos, and vast open spaces – no Cape Town tour is complete without a visit to Cape Point. (1.5 hours)
4. Simon’s Town & Penguin Colony Simon’s Town is the seat of the SA Navy, and has a charming coastal town atmosphere and a vibrant history. Here you can find a thriving harbour, a toy museum, navy museum, and plenty of other sights – nearby is also Boulders Beach where you can admire the penguins for an extra fee. (45 minutes)
5. Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens The Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens offer visitors a haven of peace and serenity at the foot of the Devil’s Peak mountain. Let yourself be enchanted and your senses roam free in the sights, smells, and sounds of this luscious forest. (45 minutes)